Thursday, May 31, 2012

St. Louis

What's the one birthday gift your husband won't return?  St. Louis Cardinal tickets! haha  I haven't had the best luck of getting Brian gifts that he actually wants or keeps.  Mainly because he's the most modest person you'll meet so if he doesn't think he needs it, then your gift is going back to the store.  Kind of a birthday gift downer! haha  So this year I decided to get him a gift he couldn't return and wouldn't want to return.  I bought tickets to the Cardinal game.  We had a great time!  We stayed at Union Station, went to the game, had dinner out, did some shopping and then made a last ditch trip to Yogurtland before heading home.

I got us Coca-Cola patio seats.  They are a little pricey but it's all you can eat food, drink and beer, so it's actually a pretty good deal.

As part of his birthday gift, I told him I'd wear Cardinal gear just for him.  I grew up a Cubs fan but can't say that I've been a avid Cubs watcher besides in spirit. haha So I thought I would appease him and put on some Cardinals gear.  Crazy how happy that makes a husband! haha

Jonathan and Brent met us down there for the game.  It was a blistering 93 degrees so we got completely fried and sweat through our clothes but all in the name of baseball! haha

The boys!

Thank goodness the lady was smart enough not to get my legs in this shot!  Let's just say summer snuck up on me a little too fast this year and I am not short season ready yet! haha

I think my zoom works pretty good if I don't say so myself!  If I had to name a favorite Cardinal it would be David Freese.

We ate at Landry's Seafood for dinner which was kind of a disappointment.  When I was a kid we went to St. Louis every year for the MVC tournament and Union Station was like THEE place to be.  Now it is like a ghost town. Sad!

I swear they didn't just have double espresso shots before this picture! haha

The fish clearly knew where the feeding spots were!  I thought a fight was going to break out!  They were like jumping out of the water to try and grab the food!

We were very popular! haha

No comments: