Monday, December 15, 2008

Weddings, Weddings and More Weddings

So the last four weeks have been filled with four weddings. One weekend was free and I had two in one weekend. It was pretty much nuts. One of those weddings was the one where I wrecked my car, so they have been eventful as well! :-) I will post pictures from Holly's wedding once she's back in town. She didn't want to be scooped by me online! :-) Here are pictures from Jon and Bekah's wedding and my cousin Rachel's wedding.

He was totally cracking us up. He was eating strawberries faster than we could give them to him, even double fisting at times. He didn't even pause to eat around the stem. He just ate it all!

These two look pretty good for getting dressed and doing their makeup in the car! Kate even had to put tights on in the car twice since the first pair had a run all the way down the leg! Nothing like a run to Walmart for windshield wiper fluid and black tights on a Sunday morning!


It's pretty obvious that I didn't redo my eye makeup from Holly's wedding the night before. When you go to bed at 1:30am and have to be out the door at 7:15am, you have to cut out some of your routine!



Rachel had little Owen with her. Such a cute little guy!


Please everyone tell Tami how cute she looks in this picture, because she's bound determined that it's not a good picture of her. Not to mention, love the scarf and still waiting for you to tell me how you tied it like that! :-)


Not sure why I look three months pregnant in this picture but it's a good picture of everyone else.


Our soon to be new cousin Kyra.


Rach looked great! Her dress was totally her!



This picture took three tries. Shar had her eyes closed in the first two but managed to smile in all three.

Tam, you look adorable. Don't think otherwise. At least you don't look greasy like myself! :-)

Shar was attending to Smyth in meltdown mode over his food. He apparently was having trouble licking up all of his chocolate off his plate.

Our amazing photographer. She's the one responsible for our Christmas cards!

Jon and Bekah

The entire bridal party. This looks like a ton of people, but get ready because I was 10 on each side for my someday!

Seriously, why do you need an entire song for the unity candle?! What do you do for the other 2 minutes and 28 seconds once the candle is lit. What do you talk about? You think they said in advance, ok during the unity candle let's discuss........


Jon really got into the kiss!


Oh come on, you're no fun! Shove it in each other's faces!

Mandy admiring that her purple purse complimented nicely the green programs and napkins!

I was so thankful for this girl that night!


This is the reason why! We were told that there were no reserved seats at the reception, so we thought great! We don't have dates, that way we can sit with all our friends. Well all our friends were in the bridal party and they all had..........yep you guessed it, RESERVED SEATS! So we ended up at a table full of FCA coaches who weren't exactly the most inviting group of people. They didn't talk to us, left us behind like this multiple times throughout the evening and even passed the sparkling apple juice over us, not to us. We felt a little bit like outcasts!


We were VERY excited about the dessert table. They had chocolate covered strawberries. However by the time we got there, there were none left. Mandy ended up with this brownie which seemed to shrink in size from the dessert table back to our table. Steph informed us later that she had had four chocolate covered strawberries. We told her she ate ours and she owed us two chocolate covered strawberries!


The first dance. My camera flash doesn't do well from far away and it was dark in there. I just had to prove that Jon actually got out on the dance floor!


Poor Steph had a stress fracture and was wearing one dressy shoe and one boot. I'd be the stupid one and go for fashion over comfort and wear both dressy shoes even if it meant longer time for my foot to heal! :-)

My Fuel buddies. We've had a lot of great times together! So glad were all still close after almost 5 years!


Father-Daughter dance......again, no flash!


Apparently Bekah's bussel had broken so she had to carry her dress around like this the rest of the night.

She looked gorgeous and I was just hoping no one noticed that my hair needed to be washed super bad! The baby powder trick only works for so long!


I gave Jon some tanning tips before the wedding. He said he took them because he needed to be ready for the "big debut"! Maybe a little too much information! :-)


Chris abandoned Carrie all night so she brought a date, Wally! :-)


Jon, Kory and Michael


I tried to guilt them into coming to the sweater party this year. Apparently it didn't work! :-)

Nate and Ruthie. They were on the fence for sweater party. One said they were maybe coming, the other said they weren't coming, and then Nate told me they were going to try and make it! They didn't! :-)


We grabbed a drink after the wedding at Fat Jacks. I later had a dream that the rehearsal dinner was there! A little bit of an add location for a rehearsal dinner, especially that we had chicken parmesan to eat. Not sure why I remember that!


I miss this girl! They just HAD to move back to Indiana!

Ruthie and I discovered that Ella is as much of a Facebook junkie as we are! She was tagged in photos before the evening was out.

2 comments:

Tami said...

tara, i don't care how many times you try to convince me, i look terrible in those pictures! in the picture with me and shar, you can see the pink eye starting!
and the picture with you and me, my nostrils look like they're flared! yikes.

Tami said...

oh, by the way...i can show you how i tied that scarf even though i don't think it's anything special. :) i actually was trying to immitate a scarf tie that i saw in a j.crew magazine!