Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Favorite Soldier

Today was a hard day. A day for goodbyes. Tyler, one of my closest friends is leaving in a few days to finish training and then heading to Iraq for his second tour. It's a little surreal for me because I had just met him before he went to Iraq the first time, and now to be here almost four years later to watch him go again is a little strange and hard. I'm nervous for him and his brother that are both going this time. We met at Busy Corner for one last breakfast before he takes off! Love ya Ty! I'm going to miss you! I hope the next year goes fast so you're back here again before we know it!



Ty and his girlfriend Tera.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I hope everything goes well for them. I can't imagine what it's like to have a friend over there! Love ya!

Tara said...

It's very scary! Especially with two of them going this time. They won't be on a base where they can email and call all the time to let us know they're ok, so that will be the hardest part. I'm more worried about what they may see over there and trying to filter back into normal civilian life when they get back!