Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm Back!

So I've been home an entire day and a half and it's just been a whirlwind tour, but I'm loving every minute of it! I got in about noon and when I stopped off the plane in my flip flops, I knew I wasn't in California anymore! The cold 40 degree breeze made me about turn around and get back on the plane. I was thinking 4 hours from now I could be back in 80 degree weather, but I knew that my friends would start a revolt if I told them I was going to be gone any longer! :-)

Greg picked me up from the airport. He said I looked like a mess because I'm on the curb with my suitcase open, switching shoes, pulling out my make up bag, and trying to get situated before he pulls up. I hopped in and we headed to Bourbonnais to pick up my car. Poor Brandon and his roommate Caleb have had to stare at my car sitting on in front of his house for the last six weeks, I figured it was about time to give them a break! haha

I picked up my keys at the dealership and went and got my car. Thankfully it started and I headed on my way. I stopped in to see Keith at work without notice. I knew the ladies he works with have always wanted to know who this mystery Tara is because I have sent him stuff at work before. I figured I'd give them a reason to razz him, so I stopped in to say hi. As soon as I walked in, he knew exactly what I was doing and had this look on his face like, "oh no you didn't"! After I left he said they just looked at him and he put his head down and said, "that's Tara" and they just smiled and nodded. So I accomplished my goal. I'm sure they will be asking some questions.

Then I met up with Karen and Erika. We went to the Brickstone and had some drinks and appetizers. It was great to catch up with them, and now they want to be put on my monthly rotation! :-)

Tonight I went to dinner with Amy(ton :-)). It felt like it had been 6 months since I had seen her! Thankfully she and Adam are nightowls because I was there till almost 1am, but it's always great to see them and hang out. Adam was so sweet and stopped by the Big Foot and brought me back a polar pop.


I had been up since 2am but was pretty much on an adrenaline high by this point!

Karen has got to be one of the most stylish and hippest moms I know!



I love this little guy! He says the funniest stuff. We played catch with that shark for quite a long time. He's got quite an arm!



Amy and I had both gotten our hair highlighted today. She hates me for always wanting to take pictures, but she looks great no matter what, so I figure she won't hate me for long! :-)

1 comment:

Tami said...

leave it to you to be on the ball getting back into hanging out with your friends! there's no one i know that keeps a schedule like you do!
well, it was great hanging out with you! see you sunday!:) xoxo