Sunday, February 22, 2009

Marissa's 30th Birthday

Marissa's 30th birthday is Tuesday so we celebrated Saturday night at Alexanders in Peoria and then went out for drinks at Martinis. Marissa loves butterflies, dragonflies, flowers and anything colorful, so I tried to make it special by incorporating all those things into the evening. Down the name cards had dragonfly stickers on them. It was a fun evening. We had some great food, yummy cake and great company!


Marissa and Denise checking out the picture placemats. I took pictures from young to present and made collages and then laminated them for each place setting.


Even our waiter kept saying like 4 times that we had brought our A game. That in his 7 years of working there, he'd never seen a table like it. It was funny!


The birthday girl



Andrew and Mallory. They just set the date for their wedding in July. Andy even got recognized at Steak-N-Shake recently. Some kid yelled "aren't you the guy from the Kansas City Chiefs?"




Daniel with cutie Caleb. I kept thinking there was something different about Daniel. Well he's lost 30 pounds and changed his hair. Yep, that's what it was! :-)





Jennessa didn't feel well after dinner so she didn't get to hang out with us.



They were going for the serious pose, however Daniel kind of ruined it by trying to get food out of his teeth instead!



Poor Adair. We harass this kid so bad, but he takes it well. I walked up and asked if he'd just been to Hawaii because of his puca shell bracelet his was wearing. That end of the table errupted in laughter. Apparently, Ben had been giving him a hard time about it all evening!



Mark and Becky, he cooked her steak a little long because he said she ALWAYS makes him put it back on the grill. He said, "I don't really like re-cooking your food after I've started eating mine, so I cooked it extra long so I wouldn't have to get back up"! It was definitely cooked all the way through! :-)



Becky asked for a class of hot water to warm up Caleb's bottle. They brought her a beer glass. We said it looked like one of those car bomb shots. We were calling it a breast milk car bomb!



Andy was having a little trouble lighting the candles and then got burnt. This response was a smidge dramatic though! :-)



All the guys broke out into a Michael Smith(from The Office) rendition version of happy birthday that had everyone around us laughing!



"I hope I got that bicycle Ben was supposed to be getting me for my birthday"!



Everytime I see these earrings in pictures, they look like coasters. They might be a little large!


D went and did the Ultrabronz that day before dinner. It gives you the equivalent of three tans! On a "white" day, Denise is darker than 90% of America. Just what she needs to do is get 3x as dark! :-)



Mallory was great at rounding up bar stools from all over the place. Everytime you saw her she was collecting another one! Don't know where she kept finding them! :-)


Denise thought she needed to squat down in front of Daniel for fear that we might not be able to see his face. When he's a foot taller than you are, I think you're good! :-)


Ben and his harem. Marissa always calls me Ben's girlfriend because he and I get along so well, which helps Marissa when I think Ben is out of line because she "sicks" me on Ben as she puts in, so I can get him to straighten up! :-)



We look like a color wheel, winter, spring, summer and I don't mean our clothes!

2 comments:

Amanda (& Chris) said...

I LOVE the table decorations!! I'm going to steal your place mat idea sometime! That's so creative!! And I love the flowers & vases - Hobby Lobby??

Tami said...

you and your decorations! you're so funny...and of course, the place matts...over the top. :) it looks like it was a fun time! it's weird that so many of our friends are turning 30 this year! just a couple more years for us...yikes. bek is turning 30 in a couple weeks! isn't that weird?!