Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sister Night

DISCLAIMER: These are not flattering pictures of us, but I thought I would post anyway!

So when Whit and Kate moved in with me a year and a half ago, my prerequisite was that we needed to do "sister night" to be able to spend time together, otherwise I knew I would never see them and that seemed to defeat the purpose of living with them if I didn't get the chance to get to know them better.

So we originally did Wednesday nights because Whit didn't work on Tuesdays or Wednesdays but that started conflicting with Kate's schedule to the point that Kate was never there. So we switched to Tuesdays.

We've done ok with the weekly sister night but still trying to get in the groove with figuring out what exactly to do so we don't end up just sitting in the family room together with laptops on our laps and not talking.

The only parameters are we have to hang out together, no talking to boyfriends and no laptops or just watching tv the whole evening.

Last week we actually did something and Whit planned in advance. We weren't eating till Whit got off work at 8pm and she wanted to make cobb salads and watch Pineapple Express. I was thrilled for a plan but I had planned badly that day and had not eaten really all day, so by 8pm I was starving and about ready to eat off my arm!

By the time Whit got home, it was well after 8:30pm and we still didn't have the ingredients for the salad, so she sent Kate and I to the store. We finally at around 9:30pm and by the time we did I was so past hungry that I wasn't hungry anymore and had about two bites!

We watched Pineapple Express to which I'm VERY glad we didn't buy it. Stupid movie all about weed! So dumb it's kind of funny. Kind of being the operative word! :-)

Kate mixing the salad. Not sure what dressing actually goes on a cobb salad, but we modified. There was a debate because Whit made Brittany dressing but Kate wanted ranch. We compromised that Kate would get her portion and the rest would be tossed in the Brittany. However, Kate wasn't sure how much she wanted so she didn't know if she liked that idea very well! :-)

Whit making our pound of bacon for the dressing and the salad. Nothing like a big fattening salad at 9:30pm at night.


I have no idea what is going on with my hair that night! I feel like I'm wearing a beret! :-)

1 comment:

Tami said...

oh sister nights...those were the best. looks like a great meal you've put together...although, everything looks great when i'm on hcg. :)